Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dark chocolate truffles

It's time to get ready for Christmas :)

And I don't know if it's the same for you, but I can't imagine going through December without a box of biscuits and chocolate in my cupboard. Naturally, it gets more complicated when you have to eat gluten and dairy free, especially when you are used to your Christmas fix full of nasty gluten :-S

But my will of eating sweet things and my desire to enjoy this time of the year being what they are, (and because I have some spare time to bake), I have decided to accept the challenge and find the best gluten and dairy free Christmas recipes.

Let's start with a French classic, chocolate truffles. The recipe comes from La faim des délices.

 


Ingredients


- 300 g of dark chocolate 60-70% cocoa
- 15 g of honey
- 70 g of water (I added a bit of almond milk too, but I would stick to this quantity of liquid next time to get harder truffles, maybe half water/half dairy-free milk)
- 25 g of vegetable oil
- some cocoa powder for coating


Directions


1/ Carefully melt the chocolate in the microwave, give it a stir.

2/ In a bowl, warm up the water, oil and honey. Pour over the melted chocolate and stir until you get a smooth and even texture.

3/ Add anything else you like to personalize the flavour : vanilla, rhum, orange blossom, cinnamon, chestnut puree, bergamot oil... I put half a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 tbsp of chestnut puree and chose a strong chestnut tree honey.

4/ Leave it to cool down and keep in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight) until the chocolate mix sets.

5/ Prepare a bowl with some cocoa powder in. Scoop a teaspoon of chocolate mix and roll between the palms of your hands until you get a nice round truffle. Coat into cocoa and keep aside. Start again until you run out of the preparation. Have fun and enjoy! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment