Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hazelnut cake

I had a whole pot of ground hazelnuts that I had bought in France last summer with my mum. I had somehow forgotten about it until yesterday when I found myself a baking mood. I was remembering the taste of a really moist hazelnut cake, even though it would be impossible for me to tell when and where I had it. So I decided to try Scally's recipe in the hope that it would match the cake I had in mind.

Here is the recipe of what seems to be called a gâteau creusois.


Ingredients


130 g of sugar
200 g of ground hazelnuts
100 g of melted salted butter/margarine
5 eggs

Instructions


1/ Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2/ Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar for 3 minutes. Add the butter, then the hazelnuts and stir well.

3/ Whip the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold delicately in the egg yolk mix.

4/ Pour in a greased/lined baking tin and bake for 45 minutes.


This cake is awesome! Really moist, light and full of flavour, plus it's naturally gluten free :)
It will keep for a few days without a problem if you don't eat it all before! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment