Tuesday, December 10, 2013

GF quinoa and chocolate chip cookies

Ok, ok I know it doesn't sound very Christmasy, but I bought some quinoa flour for the first time (my trip to Peru inspired me and I now want quinoa in everything!) and came across this recipe while searching for ideas on what to do with it. Actually I also found a recipe of pancakes but they were so yummy that I didn't get the chance to take a picture of them before eating them, so I guess I'll have to cook some more before posting!

Anyway these quinoa and chocolate chip cookies are absolutely gorgeous and are the closest thing I found to the wheat cookies I used to bake. I'm already loving quinoa flour.



Ingredients


- 125 g of quinoa flour
- 1 ½ tsp of GF baking powder
- 80 g of sugar (I used half muscovado/half demerara)
- 25 g of almond butter
- 25 g of oil
- 1 egg
- 100 g of dark chocolate chips

Directions


1/ Mix the almond butter and the oil until you get a smooth texture, add the sugar and whip for a bit. Stir in the egg.

2/ In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. Stir in the first mix. Leave it aside for 10-15 minutes.

3/ Preheat the oven on 180°C.

4/ On a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper, form little bowls of dough (leave enough space between them, they are going to spread a bit). Flatten them.

5/ Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. They are ready when they get a nice golden colour but are still soft inside. You can keep the cookies for a few days in a tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment