Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gluten free muesli cookies

... or how to transform a boring gluten free muesli into an exciting breakfast :)

So I bought that gluten-free muesli with rice, millet and soya flakes in the hope of getting a healthy nutritive breakfast. But when I poured my almonf milk on it, it turned into a really mushy thing that I didn't enjoy eating at all! So I tried to find a use for it - because it is a big pack and I don't like waste - and adapted a muesli cookies recipe that I found online. The cookies are a bit crumbly but taste great and I'm really happy that I saved my bag of muesli!



Ingredients (for a dozen of cookies)


- 200 g of gluten free flour mix
- 100 of gluten free muesli (mine contains rice, millet and soya flakes, raisins, currant, cashews, almonds and walnuts)
- 30 g of dessicated coconut
- 150 g of demerara sugar
- 125 g of dairy free margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of bicarb
- 1/2 tsp of gluten free baking powder


Directions


1°/ Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2°/ Combine flour, sugar, muesli, coconut, bicarb and baking powder.

3°/ Whisk the egg and the melted butter. Add the vanilla.

4°/ Combine dry mix and wet mix together. Stir well.

5°/ Line a baking tray with parchment paper. With a spoon, scoop balls of cookie dough and place them on the tray (leave some space between them as they will spread out). Cook for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment