Monday, June 3, 2013

Amazing brownies

I've been looking for the perfect GF/DF brownies recipe. The one where you wouldn't feel like something is lacking. It's really easy to replace the flour since brownies don't contain much, but I was sceptic as far as butter was concerned. Surfing French cooking blogs, I found the lovely blog Bien fait pour ta pomme and a recipe using almond butter instead of butter. I had to try it :)



Ingredients (for a big brownie)


- 400 g of dark chocolate
- 180 g of caster sugar (or 100 g of caster sugar and 80 g of muscovado sugar)
- 55 g of corn flour
- 4 eggs
- 70 g of almond butter
- 70 g of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 60 g of nuts (I used half hazelnuts/half almonds)
- 50 g of dark chocolate chips


Directions


1/ Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2/ Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Stir in the almond butter and the oil to get a smooth mixture.

3/ Stir in the sugar, then the eggs (one at a time until well incorporated). Sieve in the corn flour and cocoa powder. Add the nuts (whole or chopped, as you prefer) and the chocolate chips. Stir well.

4/ Pour the mixture in a square tin lined with greaseproof paper. Bake for 25 minutes.



I have done the recipe twice so far and both were a huge success (although the first one was with half of the proportions only and I found the brownie far too thin, that's why I'm doubling it!)

Variations : You can replace the almond butter by another nut butter (I still need to try with peanut butter!), add cranberries, raisins, etc., use all different kinds of nuts. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment